Thursday, January 28, 2016

More of the same. A little extra.

So once again the paint peel got me again. Second go around, stripped old paint, washed, scrubbed, sealed, primed, let gully cure - peel.

Did the "damage" method, not painting it a third time.  I might buy a second one for a cleaner look.

I did add some decals. I think decals help add some needed surface details.

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Wit's End


This project has been a true trial on my sanity. Now mind you I have washed all these bits with warm water and soap, and an extra scrub of the nail polish remover and used auto grade primer. And still have paint pull.

Started today with the missile launcher which was full failure and had to be stripped so to end the evening on a positive note I worked on the shoulder pads.

I still got paint pull but not nearly as bad. I decided to turn it into a positive. Since I'm doing weathering and battle damage I turned the pain of the paint into help.

Where the paint pulled I dabbed in Typhus Corruption, it gives a nice texture, once dry I dabbed leadbelcher. I will seal and wash tomorrow.

*** Update ***

I sealed with wax and applied my oil washes. It really helped blend it together. I still have to seal with Matt Clear Coat, that will help mute the colors even more bring it together.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Tip top shape

Coming along slowley. Went ahead and worked on the carapace. I was a little worried about how the camo and silver would work together on such a large surface. We'll no need to worry, I couldn't be happier. I will be adding some decals to the checkers in the future as well as the scroll work. I also wanted to keep the weathering down a little, keeping the weathering heavy down towards the bottom of the Titan.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Thanks to Fallout Hobbies

I wanted to thank Fallout Hobbies for helping me with a custom order of airbrush stencils. I needed a bunch of squares and had no idea of the size. I asked Fallout to make a recommendation and they nailed it. They gave me a couple of sizes and had the sheets to me quickly. Check then out at:

Sunday, January 10, 2016

On your feet solider

Been a productive weekend. Able to do some heavy weathering. As I move up the Titan I will reduce the dirt and grim weathering and might shift toward some battle damage.

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Making new old.

Trying something new is always worry some. I want this Titan to have an weathered and ancient feel to it. I'm using Martian Iron earth to build up some "cracked" iron/steel feel. It's beyond weathered but an attempt to "age" the pieces.

Also adding some oil weathering to my test plate. So far so good.

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Not a voice actor.

I wanted to do a quick video covering some paint stripping. I was doing some masking and had the paint pull up. Wife recommend this "pink stuff" and it's amazing.

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Color test

So I've started in on my Reaver Titan. I've decided on Legio Tempestus, they split during the Schism of Mars; half staying loyal and half went traitors. The main colors of Tempestus "blues" in an urban camo and white with silver trim.  Before moving forward I found an old Warhound Titan armor plate and wanted to do a mock-up.  This armor plate has had several paint jobs so forgive the rough texture.

Colors used were base of Fenrisian Grey, Caledor Sky and Kantor Blue, all three are from the Citadel Air line and we're airbrushed on.

Saturday, January 2, 2016

A new year, a new Titan

Once again, into the breach.