Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Back to basics

Good news, I received an email from Forgeworld and my replacement
part is on its way. I must say Forgeworld's customer service is head
and shoulders above most companies I have dealt with.

So, while I'm waiting on my replacement carapace I'm going to start
on the base and feet. I will not take all the credit for being original here
and am borrowing an idea I found on the internet.

I'm taking hints from "Khain" on the "40K Online" forum
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=171509.0
for my base work.

I'm using Games Workshops Battlescape scenery as my base, but I also
need a wooden base to secure it together. Once again a trip to Walmart
produced an 8x11 bamboo cutting board that's perfect.



I use some Gorilla resin epoxy, clamps and rubber bands to secure it over
night.



and now I have my base.



Now to fill in the edges with some putty and I'll start mounting the feet.